Conducting research? ADA Library & Archives is your go-to source
Whether it’s historical information on the dental profession or the latest scientific studies on dentistry, the ADA Library & Archives is the place to go for any dental researcher — in person or online.
With the help of a team of experienced library professionals, the ADA Library & Archives offers access to a unique collection of electronic, print and archival material.
And since the launch of the ADA Library & Archives eResources in August 2013, more ADA members are accessing and downloading more journal articles.
In 2014, 5,252 visitors conducted 8,177 searches, and ultimately downloaded 5,452 articles, according to data provided by the ADA Library & Archives. In comparison, 95 members requested 614 articles for the entire year of 2012.
“Members who want to continue their education, put together presentations, are curious and want to learn more about a topic or find needed information for their patients now have a one-stop library to find literature or the information they need,” said Dr. Hal Fair, chair of the ADA Library & Archives advisory board.
ADA members can access full-text articles online with instant access to about 290 journals through the ADA Library & Archives website. About 95 percent are strictly dental journals. The other 5 percent have medical-dental crossover, including in-house access to the New England Journal of Medicine articles going all the way back to 1812. Thirteen new journal titles, including the Journal of the American Medical Association, and 14 new book titles will be added this year.
Other ADA Library services include:
- Recommendations or referrals to sources of dental information.
- Assistance with PubMed and Internet searches.
- Access to ADA Archives and historical information.
- Customized lists of current articles and abstracts on dental topics.
- Space for quiet study or meetings at the ADA Library, located at ADA Headquarters in Chicago.
In addition, the ADA Archives, located within the ADA Library, maintain the Association’s historical records and publications, which include answers to questions concerning the history of the organization, the dental profession and the people involved in its development and history.
For more information on the ADA Library & Archives, visit ADA.org/library.