The ADA has a new publication — Dentist Employment Agreements: A Guide to Key Legal Provisions. It’s not a substitute for a lawyer, but can help you know what questions to ask and discussions to have with your legal advisor. Some of the topics covered include:
- The differences between employees and independent contractors
- Salary, commission, bonuses and benefits
- What’s a non-compete clause? And how is it different from non-solicitation?
- Using mediation and/or arbitration to resolve disputes
- Points to consider when hiring a lawyer to review an employment agreement
Dentist Employment Agreements is available from the ADA Center for Professional Success, a member-only resource, exclusively for ADA members. And while you are there, check out the other resources including Be a Great Boss, Checklist for Terminating an Employee and Using Flexible Benefit Plans in your Practice