That’s why the ADA wants to recognize the awesome work you are doing.
The American Dental Association 10 Under 10 Awards recognize 10 amazing dentists in their first 10 years of practice who demonstrate excellence in their work and inspire others.
The nomination process is quick and simple and could have a big payoff: winners will be recognized in ADA News, this blog and other ADA channels and will receive a $1,000 gift card.
We want to know about young dentists making a difference in:
- Science/Research/Education: A dentist who has made substantial contributions to advancing clinical topics by leading, organizing or participating in clinical research or scientifically focused efforts or who significantly impacts students through education and mentorship.
- Practice Excellence: A dentist who doesn’t settle for the status quo and has implemented an innovative or more effective way to improve patient experience, market or grow their practice or manage their dental team. Their practice methods serve as an inspiration to other dentists.
- Philanthropy: A dentist who has made a remarkable difference in the lives of others (in dentistry or otherwise), either by volunteering, leading a philanthropic effort or using their skills to help those in need.
- Leadership: A dentist who serves in leadership, either within or outside dentistry, and has used that position to improve a dental association, another organization or their community at large.
- Advocacy: A dentist who takes a leadership role in advocacy initiatives or legislative activity on behalf of dentists and oral health initiatives.
Think you know someone who fits the bill? Here’s who you can nominate:
- Active member of the American Dental Association
- Graduated dental school between the years of 2008 and 2017
- Exhibited excellence in areas such as the above Self-nominations are permitted
The deadline for nominations December 31, 2017, and winners will be chosen in early 2018 by the ADA New Dentist Committee. Current members of the New Dentist Committee are not eligible to receive the award.