Association members seeking to learn more about student loan refinancing and debt repayment options can attend a free Sept. 19 webinar, Student Loan Best Practices for ADA Members.
The webinar is scheduled for 7-8 p.m. CDT and is hosted by Laurel Road, the student loan refinancing program endorsed by the ADA.
The webinar will address the following questions:
- What is student loan refinancing, and am I eligible?
- What are the consideration surrounding the decision of whether to refinance vs. pursue loan forgiveness?
- How much money do I stand to save by refinancing?
- Will refinancing affect my credit?
- Will refinancing affect my ability to purchase a home?
- Is there any dedicated refinancing program for medical residents and fellows?
- Is the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program a viable option for high earning medical professionals?
- How will the proposed legislative changes to federal repayment program affect me?
Student loans remain a top issue for dental students and new dentists, according to the ADA. The ADA joined three other dental organizations thanking Congress, in an Aug. 20 letter, for introducing legislation that would allow full-time faculty members participating in the Dental Faculty Loan Repayment Program to deduct the benefits received from their federal income taxes.
In addition, ADA members refinancing their student loans through Laurel Road may save more money with new rates that went into effect this year. As with other Laurel Road product offerings, ADA members receive an extra 0.25 percent discount on their student loan refinancing rate as long as they maintain their membership.
The ADA had announced in 2017 that students going into any one of the nine ADA-recognized specialties and general practice residencies are able to refinance their entire student loan portfolio as soon as they are matched to a residency program.
To register for the webinar, visit laurelroad.com/ADA-Webinar.