Nominations sought for 2015 Golden Apple awards
Showcase your dental society or state association’s outstanding programs and initiatives, and the team behind each activity, by nominating them for the 2015 Golden Apple Award. Entries are submitted May 1 through June 1.
Now in its 27th year, the Golden Apple Awards program has 14 entry categories, including two new categories: Excellence in Interprofessional Education; and Excellence in Interprofessional Relations.
In addition, the Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics has been renamed as the Dr. David H. McCarley Golden Apple Award for Excellence in the Promotion of Dental Ethics. It’s named after the late Dr. McCarley who served on the ADA Council on Ethics, Bylaws and Judicial Affairs from 2008-12 and was a member of the Texas Dental Association’s Council on Constitution and Bylaws from 2006-14. He was the president of the Texas Dental Association at the time of his passing on Jan. 4.
Entries for a specific program or activity can be submitted in only one category. The categories are:
- Legislative Achievement.
- Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity.
- Excellence in Dental health Promotion to the Public.
- Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits.
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics.
- Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry.
- Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion.
- Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities.
- Excellence in Interprofessional Education.
- Excellence in Interprofessional Relations
- Open Category (where dental societies can enter innovative and successful programs that do not fit any other categories).
- Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs.
- The Green Apple—Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education.
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information on the categories and to download entry forms, visit ADA.org/GoldenApple.