The ADA Foundation has announced the winners of the 2013 Bud Tarrson Dental School Student Community Leadership Award. This annual award highlights significant dental student outreach to vulnerable communities within the U.S. The winning programs receive $5,000 to continue their outstanding work in serving the underserved.
The 2013 Bud Tarrson Dental School Student Community Leadership Awards go to:
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine for its ACTION program
- Indiana University School of Dentistry for its Student Outreach Clinic
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry for its UCLA ASDA Los Angeles Community Clinics
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry for its Wolverine Patriot Project
- University of Mississippi Medical Center-School of Dentistry for its Jackson Free Clinic
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine for the Huntridge Clinics
The ADA Foundation increased the number of awards from one to six after a gift from ADA Business Resources Inc. (ADABEI).
Students at accredited dental schools across the U.S. submitted nomination materials in the fall of 2013. The applications are reviewed and scored, and the winners are selected, by ADA Foundation volunteer leadership with the final decision authority resting with the ADA Foundation Board.
Congratulations to these hardworking dental students for making a difference!