New dentists interested in learning more about the changing pattern of oral health care delivery systems should attend the panel discussion, “Understanding Group Practice Models: Each practice model can be a model practice,” at ADA 2014 — America’s Dental Meeting.
Attendees can get first-hand accounts about practice structure, processes and patient care from dentists whose organizations are at the leading edge of group practice. Moderated by Dr. Todd Marshall, Council on Dental Practice member, the panel includes representatives from different classifications of dental group practices as identified by the ADA.
The speakers are:
- Dr. John E. Gulon, president, Park Dental (dentist-owned and -operated group)
- Dr. Andrew Matta, founding partner, North American Dental Group; CEO, Professional Dental Alliance, LLC.; chief medical officer, Refresh Dental Management, LLC (dental service organization affiliated group).
- Dr. Rick Workman, CEO, Heartland Dental Care (dental service organization affiliated group).
- Dr. John J. Snyder, dental director and CEO, Permanente Dental Associates; board member, Kaiser Center for Health Research (insurer-provider group).
- Dr. Thomas Veryser, CEO, Michigan Community Dental Clinics, Inc. (nonprofit).
- Dr. Alan S. Douglas, director, Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Audie Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital (government agency group).
A Q&A session will follow the panel presentations.
To attend the course, register at ADA.org/meeting. Course code 6368. The course is free. However, all courses, including free ones, are ticketed. CE hours: 2.5.